Thursday, April 17, 2008

Miso Hungry!!

The past week I've been craving miso soup. As of the pass few days I've been obsessed with making the stuff. Trying to find a decent miso soup here in Victoria is harder than I thought, especially when I come from a city where a Japanese restaurant is like Starbucks - there's one on every corner. After a few days of not being able to satisfy my craving, I discovered a Japanese grocery store that's next to my regular grocery store that is also a mini restaurant. Not only did I order the largest bowl possible of miso, but I also bought all the ingredients needed to make my own at home. And now I can't stop making miso soup!! I need to cut down on my consumption though, as there is a lot of sodium in miso. I've been trying to convince myself that it's ok to drink so much of this yummy soup, as I make it with a lot of wakame seaweed and tofu. I did a Google search of wakame seaweed and found out that Korean women encourage pregnant mothers to eat a lot of the said seaweed due to the fact that it contains a lot of calcium and iron...all of which a pregnant woman really needs in her diet.

I'm not sure if this would be considered a pregnancy craving, or if that phase has even started yet. I notice that I go in stages of wanting a certain food, but then a week later I can't stand the sight of the food I was once craving. I think I need to stop stockpiling the foods I crave. I'm starting to have cupboards full of foods that I can't stand to look at.

But for now, mmmm...miso soup!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...