Friday, January 21, 2011

On the Blocking Wires

Blocking - Queen Bee
Guess what's blocking as I type??

Last night I finally bit the bullet and finished the Queen Bee cardigan. I was being extremely lazy and was procrastinating on grafting the underarm seams together and weaving in all the ends (ugh!), and came to the conclusion that if I want to cross this project off my list permanently and be able to wear it I should just get down to it and get the finishing out of the way. Since I was at it, I figured I might as well block it too. So I gave the cardie a good long soak and blocked that bad boy a bit on the aggressive side (stretch lace, streeeetch!!!!).

I was really hoping that it would be dried by the time I had to meet up with the Bees' for an impromptu beer knit night. I even opened the window in the bedroom in hopes the fresh, cold air would help it along. Yet my seemingly hourly checks has proved that it will not, in fact, be ready for its debut tonight. Bummer.

So stay tuned for photos of the final product! In the meantime, I'm going to go check and see if the cardigan is any closer to being dried...

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...