Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Stash Enhancement

Life is slowly returning to "normal" around these parts. I finally got the mounds of laundry caught up, the bags unpacked, the toys (kinda) put away, the photos on the camera uploaded onto the computer, and the new additions to the stash sorted, filed, and Ziplocked. I even managed to unexpectedly make it to the Tuesday knit night last night (hello ladies!) and I'm hoping to get the Munchkin back into his playgroup routine this week too. All I have left to do to feel like life is back to its usual order is to go back to work...I'm definitely not looking forward to that part!

I realized when I was uploading my photos onto the computer that I really didn't take that many photos. I was so busy with the Munchkin and trying to socialize with as many family members as possible that I completely forgot that I even had my camera with me. So I won't bore you with the tons of photos that I took of the Munchkin with various family members. Instead I will divert your attention to photos of the yummy yarn that I bought along the way...

As I mentioned in this post I've been wanting to visit the local yarn shop in Nelson but it was always closed whenever I was in town. Well not this time!! It was actually opened this time 'round and I finally got to have a look-see. I walked away with 2 skeins of yummy Araucania Ranco Multy and a skein of Fibranatura Yummy, a yarn that I have never knit with before. I also snagged some much, much, much coveted (on my part, that is) Timtex. I've been searching for this stabilizer/fusing for years and could never find it due to it being produced in small amounts and at one time, discontinued. Who knew that I would find it in small town Nelson, of all places? Anyways, if you're in the Nelson area and are searching for yarn shops to visit, this is definitely a shop to check out. Not only do they sell quite a good selection of yarn, but they also have a fairly large bead collection and bits and bobs of other crafty items. They don't have a website yet, but here's the info in case you care:

That Craft Store
534 Josephine Street
Nelson, BC
(250) 352.5050

I also convinced Brett to make a stop at Three Bags Full as we were going through Vancouver to get to the ferry terminal. My mission was to get a skein of Blue Moon Socks That Rock to try out, and to check if they had the semi-tonal colourways of SweetGeorgia Yarns so that I could make a decision as to which yarns I wanted to get in the (very) near future. Yeah...that mission didn't work out so well. I was very, very, VERY weak and the wool fumes overtook my brain and I walked out of the shop with several skeins of yarn from both aforementioned brands, as well as enough 100% alpaca to (hopefully) knit up Veera Välimäki's Still Light Tunic. Oy they!! I should really look into going on a yarn diet...but I really don't believe in diets. So where does that leave me?

Hmm...note to self: Must knit faster! Anyhoo, I did manage to get some knitting done while on the road, albeit not much. Maybe some time this week I'll get around to posting some WIPs. In the meantime I think I'll go knit. Or maybe pet some yarn. And drink some of the oh--so-yummy coffee that I bought at Oso Negro...which you must try if you are a coffee lover. Brett and I are hoping that the 5 pounds that I bought will last 'til the end of the month. Yes, we love our java here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...