Monday, June 28, 2010

Kootenay Bound!

The Munchkin and I are heading out today for a week long vacation in the Kootenays to visit my parents. The Munchkin hasn't seen his "Asian grandparents" since last summer, and my folks and the rest of my extended family are beyond excited to see him. They're even more excited that they'll finally be able to celebrate a holiday with him as well (it'll be Canada Day on July 1st, when we're there).

Although I'll be bringing the laptop with me, I don't know if I'll be blogging much, or at all, while I'm there. But rest assured that I'll also be bringing a lot of yarn and knitting with me. Since my cousin Tracy will be doing the driving, I'll have at least 8 hours of car knitting time on the way there! That is, if the Munchkin and his cousin behave enough for me to accomplish 8 hours of knitting. But we'll see, since I don't know any 1 year olds that can handle sitting in a car for that long of a time without throwing a hissy fit or tantrum. Or both. And since we'll be driving back as well, that's another 8 hours of knitting time, not including the downtime that I'll have while in the Koots (cause trust me, time seriously goes backwards there)!!

I'm anticipating some well needed R&R, hopefully some time away from the Munchkin (yay for finally having family members around to take him off my hands for a bit!), some time guzzling down some really yummy coffee at Oso Negro, and hopefully a visit to the local yarn shop. The past few times that I've been in my hometown the yarn shop was always closed for one reason or another. I'm crossing my fingers that this time I'll be able to finally see what they have to offer!

So if you don't hear from me, I'll see you in a week!

** Sorry for the crappy photo, it was taken last summer. For some reason my camera just doesn't like to cooperate with the Kootenay air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...