Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I heart...

...this photo. I took it the other day whilst on a stroll with the munchkin. We were walking along a sidewalk lined with these leaves/bushes. A few minutes into it I noticed the little one's wee hand sticking out, grazing the leaves. Normally I don't approve of my little one sticking his hands and arms out of his stroller for fear that he'll either get them caught on a passerby or that he'll take something and shove it in his mouth. But this time I let it slide. I thought this was too cute to pass up the photo op. So as stealth as I could be I grabbed my camera, kept pushing, and snapped a few photos. Then I saw the look of sheer joy on his face as he felt the leaves on the tip of his fingers, which was new to him. Lately he's discovering so many new things and the innocent look of wonder and excitement brings a smile to my face and a new surge of love to my heart every time!

Other things that I heart lately:
- Japanese Sour Cherry Tea. Not really a warm weather beverage, but still oh so tasty!
- the Sweetheart sweater from the book Domiknitrix. This will now be second up on my list to make after I'm finished Elvira...if ever
- homemade rice krispy treats. I don't understand why you would want to buy the pre-made ones when they are sooo easy to make in the first place
- truck rides in the early evening
- Root Beer floats
- finding the wee one in his crib, awake, whispering sweet nothings to his stuffed giraffe
- the wee one blowing raspberries/passing gas at the most perfect moment...like at the bank when it was completely quiet
- the wee one's ability to make me laugh really hard
- finding rogue Cheerios in my knitting project bag, and thinking of my sweet baby
- the Fall 2009 issue of Knitscene...it's not out yet, but I've seen the preview for all the patterns and am absolutely loving the Berkshire Dolman Sweater, the Carnaby Street Pullover, and the Swoop Cape Cardigan

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...