Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Finished: Pink Apples and Pears Wristlet and Zippered Pouch

Sorry for the crappy photos, these were taken right before I went to bed on Friday night. I knew I had to take a photo before I gave one of them away...

I'm addicted to making these. I think a lot of it has to do with perfecting the zipper detail. But anyways, I sewed these up with my friend Erin in mind on Friday. I wanted to make her something as part of a "thanks for letting me crash on your couch" present. I knew that she liked the Alexander Henry Apples and Pear fabric so I knew that I had to use that, and since the girl has a huge handbag collection, I thought I would make her something to add to it. It's not designer, but she does own the very first item of the Miso Crafty label, which I forgot to tell her (more on the label later, on a different post). So Welly, if you're reading this, you have the very first Miso Crafty accessory!

I made the wristlet first, but wasn't sure about it, so I made the zippered pouch (basically the wristlet minus the strap). I didn't like the workmanship and quality of the lining enough to give it away, so I ended up giving her the wristlet. Brett didn't think there was anything wrong with the zippered pouch and thinks I would be the only one to notice the "mistakes" on it. I'm too much of a perfectionist and wouldn't want to give away something that I didn't feel 100% proud about.

I'm liking the overall-ness of the zippered pouch, I think it would make for a great coin purse. I think the next time I make this again (if I ever do) I just might make it a tiny bit smaller so that it can be more coin purse-like. I'm definitely planning on using this as my own coin purse, since my current wallet's coin compartment is absolutely bunk! I don't know how it does it, but even when it's fully zipped up, coins end up at the bottom of my bag and never in my wallet! Last week I discovered $20 worth in change at the bottom of my bag! No wonder my bag was getting so heavy!

I don't know if I'll be able to do much sewing this week. I'm still pretty obsessed with my current knitting project. I'm really determined to get that finished by week's end. Which means I've got a lot of knitting to do! I'm really hoping that I'll be able to set up a date with my sewing machine this weekend, I've been on such a roll that I really don't want to stop now!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...