Saturday, April 4, 2009

Wish Granted!

Woot woot!!! I got to lace up the skates and cruise around the parking lot today!!! The little one just couldn't settle down and take a nap, even though he was über tired and grouchy and really needed a nap. I had tried everything I had in my arsenal to get him to nap, but to no avail. As a last resort I buckled him up in his stroller and decided to push him around the 'hood until he fell asleep. While setting up the stroller my eyes fell upon my rollerskates, and that's when the lightbulb lit up in my head. I can rollerskate while I push the stroller around! Brilliant! Done and done!

Brett came home from work and had a good laugh at my antics. But hey, it worked! The little one fell asleep pronto, and I got to skate for a bit! It was a two-fer! Unfortunately I was so lost in my own world that I didn't realize that a horse-drawn carriage full of passengers had stopped to watch me skate for who knows how long. Ugh!
I couldn't resist taking a few photos of the skates...I was just so ecstatic to finally wear the skates outside and skate around for a bit. Now if I can only do it on a regular basis...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...