Monday, April 6, 2009

Knitted Twilight Java Jacket

Yes, I'm a geek. I really did knit a java jacket/sleeve that is inspired by Twilight with the Edward Cullen line of "Be safe" duplicate-stitched on. I had knitted this up a few nights ago, after the little one went to bed and I was watching the DVD of Twilight for the millionth time. I used some leftover yarn that I had, I think it's Red Heart Super Saver. I didn’t make a gauge swatch since it would take as much time to knit up the sleeve as it would to knit up the swatch. The sleeve is a little bigger than I want it to be. It fits a venti cup from Starbucks, which is the size cup I always get, even if I order a grande (less spillage that way!). I wouldn’t mind it being a little more snug and fit a little more towards the middle to bottom of the cup rather than so high up. This is also my first time doing the duplicate stitch. In the beginning I was doing my stitches a little tight so the letter looks a little broken up. Towards the end it looks better and more fluid. I’m going to try making this again, but this time with nicer yarn and smaller needles!

I got the pattern on Ravelry, but you can also get it here.

Here's a 360∘view of the sleeve:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...