Thursday, April 2, 2009

Knitted Neck Thingy = Finished

I actually finished this quite a while ago but it wasn't 'til now that I got around to taking photos of it. And crappy photos at that. They're the self portrait, taken in the reflection of the bathroom mirror variety, and we all know that bathrooms offer the worst lighting. Ever.

I'm quite happy with how this turned out and wish that I had used nicer yarn instead of my "test yarn". I'm hoping this weekend I'll be able to go get some nice black yarn and knit this back up again. This project seriously takes an hour, maybe two, to knit up. That is, if you don't have a demanding baby that commands all of your attention and won't settle for anything other than to be held in your arms.

The only thing I find odd about this neck thingy is that when you put it on one of the ends always look smaller than the other, even though I keep double checking, my ends are exactly the same size. Optical illusions...it'll drive me crazy whenever I look in the mirror.
What I do like about this neck thingy is the option of wearing it in the front or slightly off to the side, a la 50s styles.

I'm pretty excited that this pattern worked out and that I actually like the end product, now I want to make a bunch of them! Lucky me, it's still cold out outside so making a few more won't take much time and by the time I'm done I'll still be able to wear them! Not to mention that I usually find Victoria cold in general, so this knitted gem will be great to wear with a sleeveless shirt during the nights in the summer too. Perfect-o!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...