Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hello, Martha?

No-knead Bread V.2
The other day I baked bread, using this recipe. Didn't know that I could make bread, did you? It's the same recipe I used to make this bread in this post. The only difference is that this time I made it exactly as the recipe says to. Only because I didn't have any whole wheat flour in the cupboards like I thought I did. Who knows, maybe that's why this loaf turned out so big and fluffy? I should have baked it 10 minutes longer cause smack dab in the middle the bread was slightly under-baked. You couldn't really tell if you were dunking the bread in something saucy or slathered it in homemade jam, but on its own you can kinda taste the gummy yeasty-ness of it. Either way, we ate around the middle and it was delicious. Especially when served with chili.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I also made chili? Brett and I have been on a chili kick, and so I've been making huge batches at least once a week for the past month. Talk about a food obsession! Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos of the chili. But trust me when I say it was oh so yummy too! I managed to time it so that the bread was mixed and was able to proof all day and night the evening before I made the chili, had it baking while I was prepping chili ingredients (and while making a quick batch of Rice Krispie treats!), and since the dutch oven I had used to bake the bread in was relatively clean (minus some leftover flour) I started cooking up the chili. Ahhh...so this is what it feels like to be a domestic goddess. Or Martha Stewart.

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! There is nothing like the smell of fresh baked bread. I have been wanting to make bread for a while so I might give this recipe a try. Especially now with all the floods that have been happening in Queensland there is a bit of a bread shortage.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...