Tuesday, September 28, 2010

WIP: Li'l Red Riding Hood

WIP: Li'l Red Riding Hood

Yes, yet another project on the needles! I swear, this is the last one...for the rest of this month! I've made a promise to myself that I will not cast on another project until I finish one of my current WIPs. I'm determined to keep to this promise. Cross my heart!

I couldn't really take a good photo of the overall project without it looking like a blob of cables, so I just took a closeup photo of the cables themselves. This project is literally a hood. Imagine this hoodie (it's the Central Park Hoodie for those of you who would know what it would look like without needing a visual), now imagine it without the sweater part. That's what this project would look like. Except hopefully a little bigger and maybe a bit more whimsical.

I've always hated umbrellas. I think they're such a hassle. I'm always forgetting it where ever I go, they're awkward, and I hate not being able to have a free hand cause I have to carry it. I never thought about what I would do to remedy my dislike for umbrellas, until I saw this pattern on Ravelry (sorry to those of you who don't have a Ravelry membership!). When I saw it, I knew I had to make it. I also knew that I had to make it red, just like the way the designer did.

This hood should technically be a quick knit, since it's being knitted up in Cascade Eco+ Wool and requires very little finishing. But then over the weekend I decided to cut down on my knitting to give my hands and wrists a break. I did end up buying a support glove, which I'm not sure is working or not. I find it a little umconfortable to knit with, and I'm not sure if I'm wrapping the strap around my wrist too tight or not tight enough. I've been stretching and giving myself a lot of breaks during knitting, but it's too soon to tell if it's helping. I'm contemplating on getting a wrist stabilizer as well, so that I can wear it in my sleep and maybe help out even more with the soreness. But we'll see how this glove works out. Now back to the hood. I was hoping that this was going to take a weekend to knit up, and I'm sure it would've if it weren't for my fickle project hopping. So the new hope is that I'll get this done by the middle of next month. Fingers crossed that my sore hands don't prevent this from happening!

'Til next time, knit on my crafty friends!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I might have to make one to take to the uk when we go and visit my sister. It will pack up nice and light but add heaps of warmth on those cold days. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh! It would definitely be great for England! And if knitted up in a bright colour, it would be such a contrast to the drab weather there! If you make one, definitely take a ton of pics. I would love to see yours!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...