Tuesday, September 1, 2009

So long summer!!

August is officially over and to me, that means we only have a week left of summer (I see Labour Day as the official day when summer is over)...and it really didn't help that when I woke up this morning it was cold, gloomy, grey, and just down right yuckie! We had another laid back yet busy weekend with Brett's brother visiting. There was lots of beer and BBQs, and somewhere in there we managed to put the top back on Brett's truck (much to his chagrin), install baby gates, had a mini True Blood marathon (to catch up to the newest episode...I think I'm really liking Eric Northman!), and the best part: we spent the Sunday riding around on scooters!

We dropped the kidlet off at the babysitter's (it was the first time that Brett and I were alone, sans baby!), rented scooters, and had a fabulous time scootin' around! I didn't get to take any pictures, the thrill of riding a scooter had overwhelmed the picture taking side of me. We went along Dallas Road a few times, around Beacon Hill Park, zoomed around our 'hood of James Bay, and went as far as the castle. After our time was up we went for some eats and contemplated whether or not if our babysitter wanted a third child...kidding!!

I managed to squeeze in a little bit of knitting Saturday night, while waiting for an intoxicated Brett to come home (he had given his keys to his bro). Unfortunately no other crafting was to be done. Boo erns. But I did get to ride around on my Hello Kitty cruiser for a bit! She's still hasn't been tuned up and the brakes are still a bit iffy but I really couldn't resist taking her out for a spin. I need to get in all my bike riding opportunities before the rainy season begins! Yes, the photo above is of me admiring the beauty of the bike. Sheer nerdiness, I know.

I'm hoping that some crafting other than knitting will be able to happen sometime this week. Until then, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...