Friday, August 21, 2009

Pitter Patter...

The little one has been on a rampage lately...

I was thoroughly elated when he learned how to crawl...until I had to chase him down every 2 seconds, and Brett and I had to move everything off the floor and shove things anywhere where the munchkin couldn't reach. Then at the beginning of the month the little one learned how to stand up on his own. I was overjoyed with this new development, which then turned into him learning how to walk along the sofa, coffee table, basically anything that he can hold onto. Again, I was ecstatic with his new milestone...until he started reaching for coffee cups, knitting projects, books, anything that is usually found on coffee tables, desks, and tables.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a very proud mama and am loving each and every milestone that the wee one is reaching and it amazes me to watch the surprise and wonder in his eyes and face when he discovers something new. It's just that all noteworthy events are happening so fast and it feels like all at once, that it makes me feel like I'm somehow losing my little baby. Sounds weird, doesn't it? It's slowly dawning on me that my little baby is growing bigger each and every day and before I know it, he'll be graduating from high school and I'll be left wondering where the time went.

This thought has been implemented into my head even more when the munchkin's new found independence has made him want to do more things for himself...like feeding himself at meal time (even though an eighth of the food actually makes it into his mouth, if that!), picking up his toys, and sometimes even wanting to change his own diaper! Even as I type this, he is wanting to play and explore the living room by himself for a while. Is it wrong for me to want my little baby to stay a baby? Now I know why Michelle Dugger had 18 kids, there's always a baby around even when the others have grown up! I know all parents go through this stage, but does it ever go away? I think I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that one day I'm going to have to let my little guy grow up and leave the nest. Any tips on how to deal with these issues?

*sigh*

I'll end this post now before I get in too deep and start thinking about my little baby being a man, all before he even turns one! And I think I see him speed-crawling towards a Cheerio that's been under the sofa for who knows how long! Gotta jet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...