Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tickled Pink

We had a pretty relaxing, easy going weekend in our household. Nothing too noteworthy to blog about. Brett and I did a major cleaning of the house (it needed it...badly!), we lounged, BBQ'd, ate yummy brunches, went on long walks, watched Gran Torino, and best of all - the munchkin let us sleep in 'til 10am yesterday!! Surprising, I know! Even more surprising was the fact that he was up since 8:30am (Brett heard him wail for a few seconds on the baby monitor) and we found him quietly playing with his toy aquarium and whispering sweet nothings to his stuffed giraffe. When he saw us peeping around his door he gave us the widest, gummiest, most adorable baby smile that had put us into the most fabulous moods immediately for the rest of the day. What a great way to start the day!

I also got around to dyeing some fabric. I've been on the lookout for some hot pink 10-15oz. cotton canvas for quite a while now. I found some online but then discovered that they were sold out. I finally buckled down and decided to just dye some canvas myself. So that's what I did.

I couldn't find any RIT dye anywhere in Victoria, so I used Tintex in fuchsia. I haven't dyed fabric since I lived in Finland, so I was a little rusty. In hindsight, I should've dyed either a metre of fabric at a time or just enough to make my project, rather than the entire 3 metres that I had. Tsk, tsk...I know, what was I thinking?? I would like to blame this poor decision on "Mommy brain". The dye job was not too bad, considering the fact that I used a small Rubbermaid tote and there wasn't much room for the fabric to move around in. The canvas did creased quite a bit and I'm kicking myself in the arse for not picking up more than 2 boxes of dye. The color turned out to be much, much, much lighter than I wanted. My new game plan is to make the project I had in mind for this canvas, and then dye it again. More on that later.

Aside from dyeing fabric, I mainly knitted throughout the weekend. I didn't get the chance to do any sewing (and I still haven't posted the rest of last weekend's finished sewing projects! Oops!) but am hoping to get some done sometime during the week. I've been doing a lot of planning and sketching of some projects that I can't stop thinking about lately. I'm hoping to get some of those materialized before the week is over. But if truth be told, I really haven't been able to put down my knitting needles. I've been working on a summer top using the smallest, tiniest, yarn I have ever used in my entire life. Hopefully I'll get around to posting about that too sometime this week.

Phew! I've got quite the week cut out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...