Saturday, March 28, 2009

Randoms

I took this photo a few days ago when it was nice out. The wee one and I went for a stroll around the 'hood. Ok, so I was the one doing the strolling and the little one was passed out in his stroller. Technicalities aside, we've been going on a lot of walks lately. It's really the only thing that wipes the little guy out and keeps him from crying his head off. The jumperoo was magical for maybe a week before the munchkin got tired of it. He still uses it, but it is no longer the main thing I can occupy him with while I do dishes, sew, clean, check my email, etc. He's also going through a transitional phase in his life where he's teething (but no teeth have sprung yet), going through a growth spurt, and is no longer satisified with just breastmilk. To top it all off, I think he's developed separation anxiety. The kid watches me like a hawk and I can practically hear his little heart pounding faster when it looks like I'm about to leave the room. Earlier this evening I had put his jumperoo right outside my sewing closet and every 5 seconds I stuck my head out to see if he was ok, only to find him staring at the door with a deadpan expression on his face and his hands frozen mid-air reaching for the monkey that's attached to the "dashboard" of the jumper.

I couldn't go to my knit night last night cause Brett had to work late again. Sometimes I wish he had a "normal" 9 to 5 job rather than a driving instructor, who's work schedule is based off his students. I had thought about bringing the wee one with me to the knit night, but quickly decided against it. I remember all too well the last time I took him with me and discovered that babies, coffee shops, and knitting do not mix. I was hoping to be able to go to the Tuesday knit night, but it's looking like Brett will have to work late again that day too. I can't wait for school to be out and his students can have their in-car lessons during the day. I'm being selfish, I know. But I currently cannot remember the last time I was sans baby.

The past few days my reading list on my Blogger dashboard has been claiming that I'm not following any blogs, and every time I click on a blog I get a blank page. Odd. Very, odd. But that's ok cause the past few days I've been using the time that I would normally be using to read these blogs catching up on sleep, sewing, baking bread, folding laundry, cooking and prepping dinner, and knitting. Just hope that this little kink will get ironed out soon. Or I've got a lot of catching up to do later.

My baby quilt is coming along nicely. Faster than I expected, which is always a welcomed surprise. I have all my rows sewn and now they just need to be sewn together to form the top layer. I was hoping the width of the quilt would be bigger. It fits the crib perfectly, with just a little bit extra. I guess I was thinking there would be more overhang at the sides for then the crib turns into a toddler bed. I debated whether or not to cut out a few more squares to add on, but decided against it since I had already bought the batting to fit the current size. Now I know for the next quilt, if I were to make the little one another for the crib.

Brett came home last night bearing gifts...Tim Horton's chocolate chip muffins and my very own copy of the Twilight DVD!!! I had gone out Sunday, the day after it was released on DVD, to find it sold out almost everywhere. I was very disappointed. Brett came home last night with 2 copies cause he found the DVD at 2 separate places with 2 different covers. He thought he would get both and let me decide which one I wanted. The one with the fancy shmancy hologram and with 2-discs of course!!! I stayed up late last night and watched both discs. Yes, I can't get enough of Twilight. I'm one of those people. I'm also a Team Edward supporter.

Ok, now to finish my second cup of coffee and to watch the wee one go nuts in the jumperoo for a while. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!! Mine will most likely be spent watching Twilight a million times! What will you be doing??

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...