Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bread

I have read about this no-knead bread recipe that you bake in a dutch oven on so many blogs that I decided that I must give it a try. I've always wanted to bake bread but didn't think I would have the patience nor the time to do all that kneading, resting, and more kneading. So this recipe is absolutely perfect. While the wee one was happily playing in his bouncy chair I managed to throw in water, yeast, whole wheat and all purpose flour (I used a 2:1 ratio), and some salt into a large bowl and stirred until I got this:
Then I covered it with some plastic wrap, and for good measure I laid a kitchen towel on top. You're suppose to keep the dough in a room that is 70∘and wait for 12-18 hours for the dough to rise. Yep. That's it. How easy peasy is that?? With that said, I currently have 2 babies - my real baby, and my bowl of dough, which is currently sitting on the coffee table cause the living room is the warmest room in the house at the moment.

Now, to stop taking peeks at the dough baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...