Ok, so the last slew of posts have all been fashion related. I went off the crafty track. Mainly because I haven't had the time to do anything crafty. My little one has been uber needy lately and refuses to take naps unless it's a nap taken in my arms. Then there's bedtime, he could be completely passed out right before bedtime, but the second you place him in his crib he's screaming bloody murder! Brett has started to wonder if we kept him in our bedroom for too long before making him sleep in his own room, since the little one doesn't shed a tear when you put him down for bed in our bedroom. And putting him in his bouncy chair? Forget it! He used to love that thing, and would sit in it for hours on end without a problem. Well, those days are no more! We can't even sit down and hold him, he freaks out. He simply insists that we hold him standing up!! Sometimes he'll only be quiet and calm if we hold him while standing in the kitchen! Brett and I have no idea why this is happening. Maybe this is a phase that all 4 month old babies go through?
Anyways, back to being crafty again. So remember this post I made at the beginning of the month? That yarn turned into this:
It's a driving glove! Again, sorry for the crappy photo. It was actually taken on my iPhone in the worst possible lighting. I really need to find a good spot in the house to take pictures in. All my photos since the move has been pure crap! The glove is *suppose* to look like this:
The project started out great and was working up relatively fast...until I hit a wall. After a few attempts I got frustrated and didn't know what to do. Normally I would give up, but I love these gloves too much in order to do that. And remember when I said I needed more kelly green in my life? Well I discovered a stash of yarn I had bought a while ago when Michaels was having their Boxing Day sale, and saw that I had purchased a few skeins of kelly green yarn. At the time I bought the yarn solely for the fact that I love that shade of green. Yay for finding a project to use it for!
So, back to the glove issue. Just when I thought I was losing my mind about not being able to figure out the pattern, I gave in and messaged the designer on Ravelry. After a few messages from the lovely Shiri, the lightbulb finally went off in my head and I was able to sort it all out! Unfortunately, I still somehow managed to screw up the shaping of the fingers and ended up fudging the rest of it. Once I completed the one glove and tried it on, I discovered that the glove was too small and the fit was almost cutting off my circulation! I had even checked my guage before I started the project and went up a hook size. I'm going to have to try again, this time with another hook size up and making sure I follow the diections to a T.
I'll let you know how it goes! Hope everyone had a good V-day weekend!