Thursday, July 31, 2008

I love mail!!

Well, I love mail that isn't a bill or junk. And the past few days I got quite a few surprises in the post! One of them was from Airmiles...I got a brand spanking new stainless steel food processor (in hopes of making my own baby food, but we'll see), and then a surprise from Nestle - a diaper bag with formula, a package of breakfast replacement meal, and baby coupons. I had no idea that I would get such a lovely present, all from buying a few maternity tops at Thyme Maternity! Oh well, I love surprises!

I've been obsessed with Japanese fabric for quite a while now, but for some reason never had the guts to actually buy any. Well, I finally gave in. I couldn't help it! So a lovely package came in the post all the way from Japan featuring these treasures:
My favorite of the entire stack, and probably the one that was done the least justice in the photos I saw:
It's 80% cotton, 20% linen and I only got a metre of it...so now I'm a bit scared to use it. I need to have THE perfect project in order to use this fabric. So it's going into my precious stash...for now.

The seller also gave me 2 bonus fat quarters for ordering so much from her. My favorite is this one:
Trust me, it's cuter in person. The apples are just way too cute! Lately I've been obsessed with anything that has to do with apples, and what a pleasant surprise to get this as a bonus! Since it's only a fat quarter, again I'm going to have to really think it over about what I'm going to use this fabric for.

The past week I've been doing nothing but cutting projects out. I think I went a little overboard with baby bibs and burp cloths...and now I have enough to seriously not have to do laundry for a month after the baby arrives! So the next few days I'll be doing nothing but sewing my pregnant butt off. What bliss!! Of all things involved with sewing, laying out patterns and cutting out the fabric is my most least favorite task of all. I wish I could just lay out the fabric, blink, and it'll all be cut out. I just want to get to the sewing part dammit!

Brett's brother, Travis, will be here for the weekend, attending a wedding in Sydney, so we'll see just how much sewing I'll get done...since the house really needs to get tidied up and cleaned. You can tell I've been inspired cause there is fabric, papers, notions, and drafting rulers all over the place. Poor Brett. For having to live with someone who has a major fabric and notion obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...