Friday, June 20, 2008

Lists, lists, lists galore!!

I have a confession.

I am a serial list maker!! It is how I stay organized and how I manage to get things done during the day. Without my endless lists, I would be a serious mess! Not only would things not get done, but I would forget stuff I need to buy, stuff that I had to look out for, stuff that is not available in Victoria and that I need to get whenever I eventually get to Vancouver. When I found out that I was pregnant I even make a checklist of the things I needed to eat every day to keep my mind at ease in knowing that I was getting the proper nutrients. I have lists of projects that I want to get around doing. I have lists of projects that need to be finished. I have an ongoing grocery list, a Costco list, a list of bills that need to get paid every month (since I do a lot of online banking to cut down on paper/waste and I don't want to pay a bill twice! How silly!), a list of books I want to eventually own, the list goes on and on...(no pun intended!)

I'm all about being organized. I think this is due to my earlier years when I had quite the organized chaos, and now that I'm older realize that I like the minimalistic look and don't need to be a pack rat to have stuff. I wish I was like Martha Stewart, the Queen of organization. One day I strive to be just as organized as she is. I drool when I watch her show and see how organized her sets are. Instead, I have lists all over the place, written on the backs of envelopes, scrap pieces of paper, and my main thing - a million Post-its. I seriously horde Post-its. I am in love with Post-its. I would love to meet the inventor of Post-its. Anyone who seriously knows me (like my darling Brett who tried to keep me away from the Post-it aisle when we go to Staples) knows of my absolute and serious love of them. I have a huge tool box and a drawer full of Post-its in all shapes, sizes, and colors. I don't know what it is about them, I just can't get enough of them!! I once got a present from my cousin Tracy, it was a Costco size block of Post-its. I was in heaven!! I was the happiest person alive!!

Brett has learned to deal with my love of Post-its. Since I have a bunch slapped all over the house. A lot of them though, are little love notes that I leave for him. So I think that has helped to lessen the blow of living with a Post-it obsessed girlfriend. I also realized this morning when I was adding yet another list to my sketchbook, that I have said sketchbook for almost 4 years. Mind you, a think there was a year not in use cause I had forgotten that I had it. It's a huge sketchbook and it's not even half full! I realized that this was possible only because I fill each page with Post-its!! I was thumbing through the book trying to find a certain list when I saw that half of the book had Post-it on top of Post-it, loose papers taped to pages, and more loose paper tucked between the pages! The sketchbook really didn't have much for sketches or drawings...it's basically a book of lists!

I think I need to find a way to organize my lists. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please, I am open!!

**Note: The picture above of lists is from Googling "lists". I didn't want to take a picture of my actual lists in fear of being laughed at...don't ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...