Monday, March 7, 2011

Slow & Steady

WIP: Georgia
I may feel like a hamster running on a wheel with this project, but slowly and surely it is starting to (finally) look like a cardigan!! I'm sure this would knit up faster if I wasn't taking such huge breaks from it to knit other things. But alas, that's my MO when it comes to knitting cardigans/sweaters...I get impatient at how slow it's becoming an FO and quickly switch to a smaller project for that instant gratification. I'm pretty sure a lot of knitters are like that. Yeah?

I've wound up the third (out of four) skein of yarn that I have reserved for this project. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll even dig into the fourth skein, and if not, what am I going to do with 375 yards of merino/cashmere/nylon (MCN) yarn? It's much too pretty to be turned into socks and I wouldn't dare dream of using this for a pair of fingerless mitts. I have about 6 inches left to knit up on the body before I can start on the sleeves, and since I have short arms the possibility of having to use the fourth skein is pretty small (no pun intended). I'm starting to worry that I had made the wrong choice in the size department. Then again, I always think this while knitting garments. Always second guessing myself. I'm really hoping to get this done by the end of March, before I give in and cast on another cardigan. The urge to cast on and start a million projects have been über strong lately. Uh oh. Do I feel a tickle of Starteritis about to happen soon? Hmmm...maybe cause spring is in the air? You know, new starts and all...

5 comments:

  1. All your knits are so stylish and gorgeous! Do you have an etsy shop? I am coveting :)

    Evonne Y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whadda ya mean "too pretty for socks"? the MCN is soooo nice for socks - I love mine, and red socks would be great!

    cheers
    Ursa

    ReplyDelete
  3. fess up! you've always had a case of startitis - just the severity changes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Natalie! So busted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evonne:
    Thanks for the compliments!! Unfortunately I do not have an etsy shop. :( Sorry!

    Ursa:
    For some reason I can't justify MCN for socks...just too luxurious that putting it on my feet and risking getting holes in the knitting freaks me out too much! I'm thinking a shawl now....less chances of holes and would feel great around the neck!

    Natalie:
    I know, I know, I know....I'm already trying to resist the urge to start 3 more projects. Ugh! ;)

    Mae:
    See my response to Natalie!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...