Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Halloween 2011 - Melting Face Pumpkin 2
Happy Halloween everyone! This is going to be a quick post as I have a ton of things to do today and a ton of things that I'm trying to squeeze in between the things that have to be done (like trying to get some sewing time in between loads of laundry while Brett takes the Munchkin to his playgroup this morning). But I wanted to wish everyone a happy Halloween. I absolutely love Halloween, sadly I didn't do anything special for it this year. I guess I'll have to make up for it next year!

I also wanted to share some of the pumpkins that Brett had carved before the weekend. You saw zombie Michael from Thriller in the last post (that's the one pumpkin Brett isn't happy with), the Tarman pumpkin (a character from Return of the Living Dead) above is Brett's best carve to date. It took him 4.5 hours to carve! For reals. Pure craziness.

Halloween 2011 - The Shining Pumpkin

Next up, Jack Nicholson in The Shining. This was another pumpkin that Brett was critical about. I personally think it looks amazing and that he's just been staring at it for way too long to be able to fully appreciate it.

My favourite pumpkin this year:

Halloween 2011 - Dexter Pumpkin 2

That's right. It's Dexter. The tea light candle was about to burn out in this photo, but you get the gist of it. When I saw how detailed the hair was going to be I thought Brett was crazy, but such detail definitely gives the pumpkin that much more...oomph. Don't you think?

I'm thinking next year I should ask him to carve Alexander SkarsgÄrd's character Eric Northman. Ooohhh...well, you know, Halloween isn't over. And the day is still quite young. I wonder if I can get an Eric pumpkin by the end of the day?

Excuse me, I need to go drool research photos of the "Skars"...

Happy Halloween, play safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...