Over the weekend I did the prep for 2 more crayon canvas melts. Talk about obsessed, I know. In hindsight I really didn't have to think the leftover crayons were going to go to waste, after all, I do have a young child in the house and eventually those crayons would be used to make beautiful masterpieces that would adorn our fridge door. But I made more melted crayon art any ways.
This new one is for me. Can't you tell? I'm not sure if I'm going to put it in my sewing area or if it's going to be hung up in our bedroom. This time around I just experimented with the different settings on the hair dryer and tried to figure out if working with or without the nozzle attachment made any difference (it did). I wish I had more pink crayons in this, but really when it comes down to it I always think something could use a little more pink. Overall I'm really happy with how this turned out.
Aside from experimenting with the heat and air levels, the only difference that I did from the first piece was to line up the crayons so that the wrappers were all aligned. It used to bug Brett that the wrappers didn't really line up on the first one (he got over it pretty quickly), so I made sure that this one did.
Since I used an artist panel instead of pre-stretched canvas, I sprayed a light coating of polyurethane over the entire piece. I would love to find a shadow box-type frame for this but it isn't high on the priority list...yet.