Thursday, July 7, 2011

Trip Recap

Beach
Here's a little trip recap...but rather than repeat myself over and over and over (cause if you really want to read a bit about it, you can read this post), I'm just going to let these photos give you the gist of it all. I didn't want to add every photo I took, or you'd be here forever waiting for all the photos to load, so I just added the general ones that to me speaks for the trip as a whole.

Every time during the summer when I drive back to and from the Kootenays I always make an effort to stop in Keremeos (or any other Okanagan spot that has fruit stands) and buy a crap ton of whatever is in season. This time around it was cherries. The plan was to make jam, but I've eaten way too many that there's not enough to make up a batch and it wouldn't be worth it to make any with the little amount that I have left over. Oh well, maybe next year? Just glad that no staining cherry juice got on my knitting. It's amazing just how much you can get done with a DK weight yarn and about 8 hours of straight up knitting time. I know I say this about every knitting project, but this one seriously flew off the needles! Seriously, check out how far I had gotten on the way to the Koots!

Keremeos Cherries

WIP: Tahitian Tea Leaves Cardigan

Welcome to Nelson

Bowl of cherries

Although it was warm and quite muggy, it rained. A lot. And hard. So most of the time was spent indoors playing rounds of fishing and Hungry Hungry Hippos. Oh yeah, and there was a lot of bubble blowing too. If one toddler was demanding bubbles, then the other one was. Not a day went by where we didn't go through a huge container of bubbles!
Blowing Bubbles

Go Fish!

Nelson Court House

Reo's Videos Store

Still Eagle

My alone time consisted of walking around the town center and then stopping at a cafe for a cup of coffee and a yummy Mayan chocolate cookie. Oh, and to do some knitting! Always with knitting!

Coffee with a Cookie

No Canada Day is complete without a visit to Lakeside Park! This year the Munchkin was big enough to enjoy the awesome playground that they have there. It's just unfortunate that this time around the lake was way too cold to swim in. But that didn't stop us from enjoying the little beach that was left (the water levels are at the highest that it's ever been in decades!), and the view of BOB (aka: Big Orange Bridge).

BOB

Lakeside Park

Also a Canada Day tradition: a huge family and friends BBQ at my aunt and uncle's house. Last year there were about 60 people in attendance. This year, there were about 90 people! Luckily my aunt's backyard is huge and was able to accommodate everyone and still have plenty of space for the little ones to run around in and for the "older kids" to throw a ball and frisbee around. I just wish I took a photo of the 'Giant Roasters' marshmallows next to a normal marshmallow. Those things were seriously huge! Just one of these bad boys was the size of at least 6 regular marshmallows! Insane! But soooo dee-lish when roasted over the fire pit during the fireworks!

Canada Day Candlelight

Giant Roasters Marshmallows

Fire Pit

Maple Honey from Keremeos

Keremeos Tomatoes

Ooohh...did I mention that I bought some yarn? Yeah...I bought yarn. No surprise there though, right?
Travel Yarn

Ok, vacation time is totally over. Now back to the salt mine that is regular daily life...and back to normal blogging (whatever that means!). I do have some FOs to report back on, and what feels like a million WIPs too.

What has everyone been working on lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...