Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Weekend Yarn Activity

Chart
Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a lovely Valentine's Day! Brett and I had friends as well as his brother come over for the weekend where we watched the hockey game (Canucks vs Flames...Canucks won over the Flames much to Brett's dismay, but to everyone else's delight!), ate a lot of Belgian waffles, had a few pints, and did some knitting. Ok, that last part was just me. For Valentine's Day we really didn't do much. The things that a couple would normally do for each other on this day is something that Brett and I try to do at least once a month. Neither of us felt that going all out once a year was good enough, and that showing each other how much we appreciate and love the other should be something that needs to be done on a regular basis. So Brett and I made a nice meal that we normally don't have and just enjoyed the fact that we are lucky to have each other.

Ok, enough with the mushy stuff! Considering that we had company all weekend, I did manage to get a fair amount of knitting in. I'm still dividing my attention between 2 projects, both of them are on my knit list for the 12 in 2011 goal. Unfortunately, because of the company, there was also a lot of tinking back too. To tell you the truth I think I was tinking and ripping more than I was knitting. At least my Shalom is dry now! I finally got around to taking photos so watch out for a post about it soon.

In other yarn-y news (and this one is big...for me that is), there was a Valentine's Day sale at one of my LYS (local yarn store). Everything in the shop was 20% off and sale yarns would be at an even 50% off. And guess what? I left the shop empty handed. Yep. That's right. I didn't even buy a single skein of yarn. I was even looking to buy too. It wasn't that the shop didn't have anything, they just didn't have the colours that I was looking for. I don't know who was more shocked that I arrived home without new yarn, me or Brett! Hmmm...maybe this 12 in 2011 thing is working? The need to use stash yarn is quite strong.

So, what did everyone else get up to for Love Day?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines! We went out for dinner and ice cream and that was about it. I decorated the house and made love heart shaped meringues as well. Can't wait to see your shalom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh...heart shaped meringues! How lovely! I'm still wishing I was brave enough to try my hand at making meringues.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...