Friday, October 22, 2010

Simple Progress

WIP: Simple and SweetGeorgia

I've finally sat down and gave the Simple & SweetGeorgia Pullover some attention and love that it deserved. My hands still don't feel 100% but I'm determined to finish this project cause I want to wear it...NOW!

After spending quite a few knit nights working away on the neck ribbing (all 7 inches of it!) I finally got to bind off and start picking up the stitches for the right armhole ribbing last night. After knitting the 2" for the armholes, all that needs to be done is weaving in the (millions and millions of) ends and sewing on the buttons. The end is soooo close! I can see it now. I reckon that I'll have this bad boy finished and blocked by the end of the weekend. Eeee...I'm so excited!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I didn't know that was the pattern you were knitting up - I really like that one! I thought about it a couple times but somehow missed the fact it was knit in fingering weight......so I'll just admire yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy!

    Yes...it's knit in fingering weight. I'd like to say that I will never do that again, but I can't. A project that I've been eyeing up forever is to be knit in fingering weight! Just can't seem to escape it! I have to say, even though it's in fingering weight, the actual knitting goes by pretty fast and is quite a nice mindless knit. Just don't be like me and procrastinate on the sewing up of the button bands to make this easy peasy project months long. :/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...