Friday, June 25, 2010

WIP & SAL: Twilight Akimbo

I originally had no intention of knitting this pattern up until the fall but when I learned that the Sunshine Yarnies group on Ravelry was doing a Twilight themed "Sunshine-A-Long" (SAL) for the upcoming release of Eclipse (the third movie installment of the Twilight Saga), I knew I had to participate! I took a quick dive into my stash of Sunshine yarn for some Twilight colorways and came up with a few skeins of Bella's Truck in Luxury Sport and a skein of Alice's Porsche in Merino Sport. I was thinking of using one of my many skeins of variegated yarns to make another pair of Skews, but didn't think I would have the time to get them finished for the deadline.

The rules for the SAL is to knit, crochet, or weave any project you'd like with any Twilight inspired colorway from Sunshine yarn. The project cannot be started no earlier than June 15th and must be completed with photos posted on the SAL thread on Ravelry by 8pm PST on July 15th. For each completed project(s), you'll be entered to win 1 of 3 skeins of Sunshine yarn in a Twilight inspired colorway. I honestly didn't think I would get much knitting time in and was looking for an easy and/or quick knit pattern. No matter how many patterns I looked at, the Akimbo shawl kept popping out at me. I think that was a hint that I had to knit it now. I'm pretty sure I can find other projects to knit up in the fall.

So far this is has been the easiest knit. Ever. And one that I haven't had to tink back and fix anything! But now that I've said that, I'm sure something will now go wrong...just to teach me a lesson! This project is knitting up faster than I could ever imagine and am getting quite a lot of compliments on the color. Now, I have to admit that I loved the colors when they were still in skein form, but now I'm not so sure if the colors are really for me. Maybe in socks, yes, but knit up into something that'll be so close to my face? I'm thinking the orange of Bella's Truck just might make me look even more yellow and jaundice-like. I guess we'll see how it'll all work out when it's done and blocked...which will be pretty soon, since I'm already halfway done the chevron chart for the border.

Hmm...since this has taken me almost 2 weeks to knit up and there's another 2 weeks and a bit left 'til the SAL is over, I wonder if I can get another Twilight project completed?? Ooohhh...the wheels are turning...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...