Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gobble Gobble!

This past weekend was a long weekend for us Canadians...it was Thanksgiving! Hence the lack of posts for the past 4 days. I've been somewhat spoiled by having Brett around all weekend and so I've been keeping über busy with cutting fabric, a little bit of sewing, knitting, and of course helping out in cooking the Thanksgiving dinner (although, Brett wouldn't let me touch the turkey...I wouldn't blame him!). And as if that wasn't enough, we had an unusually über fussy one year old on our hands, who didn't want to eat, sit, or even be an inch away from one of us! The kid was seriously a baby koala who wanted to be permanently attached to our hip. Little did we know, well, until last night, that all the fuss was about the 2 itty bitty teeny tiny little teeth that have finally started to cut through his gums! In a matter of days my little baby will have not one, but two of his front bottom teeth! I always thought babies grew in their teeth one by one... Brett and I felt pretty darn guilty for not knowing what was going on in the wee one's mouth and for wanting to dump him in the other parent's arms when he got overly cranky. Especially when he was showing all the classic signs of teething all weekend, like not wanting to eat, gnawing on our hands (or in my case, my shoulders and chin!), breaking all his teething toys, not wanting his usual room temperature water but super cold water, the extra drooling, the rash on his cheeks, and not wanting his gums brushed before bed. Poor thing!

Anyways, I also started up another project from (hopefully a new hobby) a different type of crafting...the above photo is just a hint... All I can say is that it is very addictive and quite a therapeutic and relaxing craft to do! Can you guess what it is?

Until I get it finished, that photo is all I'll reveal about it. 'Til then, Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gawd you're WEAVING!!! I am so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor wee baby. My mum's puppy is teething right now too (well, losing baby teeth and growing fangs...) and she's a bit on the crazy side too. :) I've got to say it's a bit disconcerting seeing little toofers on the floor!

    And beautiful weaving. Also jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...