Friday, September 25, 2009

Favorite Things Swap Package!

Before I went on my camping trip I got a package in the post. It was from Kim, my wonderful swap partner for the Favorite Things swap! It was kinda eerie, cause the day that I got the package I was telling Brett how I was a little concern that my package to Kim wouldn't arrive in time before she was set to move...then her package for me shows up!

Brett was super funny, cause I told him Kim was from Hawaii and so when I opened the box Brett insisted on smelling the inside of the box before I touched anything. He took a big whiff, closed his eyes, and claimed that box and its contents "just smell exactly like Hawaii". Ok...Brett loves Hawaii. He's been there once and has been dreaming about going back ever since.

Anyways, the wonderful goodies that Kim sent me:

Aside from knowing that I am (obsessively) in love with all things pink, I don't think Kim realizes just how on the mark she got me and what my favorites are. Not only did she include items from her area, but she also made things with me in mind! So sweet!! And all of them are just so me!

Like the macadamia nuts. They are seriously my most favorite nut of all nuts. Right up there with Brazil nuts and pistachios. So the can of nuts was right up my alley. But the best part, the brand that she sent me is even my favorite brand to get!! How weird is that? Ok, I shouldn't say it's weird since Mauna Loa is a Hawaiian thing and it would be more weird to get any other brand from someone who's living in Hawaii. She also sent cookies that has macadamia nuts in them! Unfortunately, the box pictured above is empty. Upon opening the package and discovering the cookies I had ripped right into them, and then 15 minutes later I was surprised that they were all gone. I'd like to blame Brett for that, but I can't.

So moving on...even the lotion Kim sent is right on the mark. I'm always slathering on lotion, and my most favorite smell is coconut, which is the scent that she sent! And it's not even that weird floral-y kind of coconut either, it's the real deal. I don't know why, but some companies like to ruin their lotions/perfume by trying to make the coconut-iness scent more spicy or something by adding other scents to it.

Kim also made the black chalkboard that she had customized with the hot pink ribbon. I haven't found the right place to hang it yet, but Brett and I use it in the mornings to leave little love notes for when he has to leave for work early and the kiddie and I have yet to wake up.

Since the top of our entertainment unit is currently cluttered I've put this handmade framed K in our bedroom on top of our dresser. Again, Kim made this with me in mind. It's perfect since my household is full of K's. Even the notecard that Kim wrote on is sweet:

I'm thinking of framing it and putting it in the little one's bedroom, since his name starts with a K. It's simple, yet elegant and timeless.

And last, but not least, Kim included her handmade cupcake wrappers that she also sells her etsy shop, Yummy Cuppy Crafts.

I can't wait to use these bad boys! But at the same time I'm kinda scared to, since they are just so nice and I don't want them to get ruined. So I think I might save them for a super special occasion. I had thought about using them for the little one's upcoming first birthday, but I can just see it now: the little one will want to eat the wrapper rather than the actual cupcake itself!

I love everything that Kim included, and really hope that we can still keep in contact now that the swap is over. Kim, if you're reading this, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! And thanks for being my very first swap partner! I couldn't have asked for a better partner than you!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you enjoyed the items I sent you! You are such a neat gal and I had so much fun swapping with you!
    It's crazy how you got me right on the money with the items I received from you! THANK YOU! It was just meant to be...our first swap! :) Have a great weekend! And I am totally keeping in touch with you!
    You are one neat little lady!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...