Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hello Weekend!

The weekend here at the Miso Crafty home was pretty chill. Brett didn't win his golf tournament, but someone from his office did and so the trophy is staying within the Drive Wise office like he had hoped it would. Sunday was spent overly spoiling the little one with attention, love, cuddles, and kisses (more so than usual, I should say) from both parents at the same time. So much so, that the wee one got pretty tuckered out and ended up napping for long stretches throughout the day! Not wanting to disturb the rareness of these naps, Brett and I avoided doing anything loud, which meant we watched a few movies...like Adventureland and Confessions of a Shopaholic. As much as I like Twilight, I have to admit that I'm not at all a Kristen Stewart fan. Is it just me, or is her acting a little...dull and range-less? I swear, she's the same in every movie. As for Shopaholic, well, I can never get enough! That movie just speaks to me (note to self: must sew a cape for the winter season)! During naps and movie time, and seriously every single available second - as in when Brett is playing with the munchkin or changing his diaper - I would try to work on the Tilted Duster and knit as much and as fast as I possibly could.

Yesterday we had a very early start and by 11am the munchkin took another long nap! I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nap time is back. Cause not only did the little one take 1 long nap, he took 2!! So the day for me was spent knitting up gauge swatch after gauge swatch for a few new projects, and enjoying Brett's birthday gift.

That's right, my birthday gift from Brett has finally arrived!! Yes, it's over 2 months late, but it was definitely worth the wait! I'm now a very proud owner of a hot pink Hello Kitty beach cruiser bike!! I'm in pure heaven!!

It's not in perfect working mode yet. Brett had fully assembled the already partially assembled bike but had issues with the brakes. Just to be on the safe side he insisted that we get the bike tuned up by the pros. I can't argue with that! Even though I haven't taken it out on the road officially, I couldn't resist riding it around the huge parking lot outside our house. It's been years and years since I've ridden a bike, let alone owned one, but like that cliche goes "It's just like riding a bike, you never forget!".

The tire treads are just too cute for words!

So why did it take over 2 months to get the bike? Apparently no one in Canada carries this brand, and if they did it was basic models in the typical colors. I guess Canadians prefer Electra and Schwinn cruisers, or whatever vintage bike is being sold in the shops? And then when Brett tried to find the bike online, he discovered that both the makers of the bike and their dealers were constantly out of stock, and that no one was willing to ship to Canada. When he did find a retailer willing to ship internationally, his jaw dropped at the cost to ship it here - it was almost that of the bike! I guess after weeks of searching and calling people, he almost gave up until he finally got a lead and his hands on a bike!

Seeing how he went through so much trouble and heartaches (or headaches!) to get me this bike, I have to admit that I'm a little nervous about taking it out to do errands and such and having to lock it up in public places. Victoria is notoriously known for the high statistics of bike theft to the point where ICBC had to employ a "bait bike" program. I'm already considering purchasing at least 3 locks for my new baby and making a trip to the Victoria Police Department to get any tips/help on how to keep my bike, well, mine, and hopefully getting my precious registered. In the meantime, like my real baby, this pink baby is not leaving my sight!

Other than that, I wish I could say I got some sewing or other forms of crafting done. But alas, I can't. I'm still in the process of trying to strike up a deal with Brett on dedicating a day for when I can just go nuts and craft and sew my heart out. I'll keep you all updated on that!

'Til then, have a lovely week!

3 comments:

  1. That is wicked! I want a cruiser for my birthday. A shop near my house has a pale pink one with a light brown cane basket on the front. It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat:
    I've been wanting a pink cruiser for what feels like forever! But never imagine that I would own a hot pink one! I hope you get yours for your birthday! I'll cross my fingers for you!

    Natalie:
    Thanks Dude!! I'm too nervous to ride it to knit night cause the bike rack is not in view from inside Khona. :( Boo erns!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...