Monday, April 20, 2009

The Weekend

The little one and I went to Vancouver for the weekend! I had some relatives visiting Vancouver and thought it would be great to take the wee one over to meet them, squeeze in some shopping in the process, and give Brett a break (hockey playoffs are happening and his beloved Flames played on Saturday, which he got to watch in peace rather than deal with a bored baby). It was a very brief 2 day visit that was filled with a lot of activities. Not only did the munchkin get to meet some new family members, but he also got to hang out with his little cousin, who is just a mere week younger than he is. Seeing the 2 babies together was just too cute and makes me excited for when they are older and can actually play together, rather than just stare at each other and randomly roll into one another when placed side by side.

We made a little trip to Metrotown Mall and surprisingly I walked away with only a few scarves and a jacket for myself and a few things for the wee one. I wish I could say I was exerting a lot of discipline and restraint, but really I wasn't in the mood to do any clothes shopping for myself and all the kids' clothing stores were the same ones that we have here in Victoria. I did manage to get a quick visit from my friend Yammers, who was gracious enough to walk around the mall with us even though she works there and is at Metrotown 5 days of the week.

I also managed to make a super quick stop at H&M the next day. It's amazing how much damage I can do in such a small amount of time!! I was smart and bypassed the womens section...although, I did make a pit stop in the accessories area enroute to the infant/toddler section. Let's just say I'm glad I have a little boy and not a girl, or Brett would have to cut up all my credit cards and deny me access to my bank account. H&M had so many cute things for my wee one that I scooped up as much as I could in the 10 minutes I had, which wasn't that hard considering that there was only a small corner dedicated to infant boys compared to the 3 walls and numerous racks reserved for infant girls.

My poor little boy has never really been away from home or away from his Daddy for any longer than 8 hours at a time, so I think he was suffering from a bout of homesickness. When we finally got home he went nuts in his Jumperoo! I've never seen such relief in his face than when he was placed in his beloved activity centre! I'm not sure what amused him more: seeing his own toys again, or the mini fashion show I was giving as I was holding up everything that I had scored from H&M to Brett.

Anyways, now we're back and I've got a few projects in the works that I'll be sharing soon! Yay for projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...