Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Easter is finally over!! The in-laws were here visiting for the Easter long weekend, so all emailing, blogging, Photoshopping, and pretty much anything else that involves the computer had been put on hold. The entire weekend had pretty much been go, go, go! I am completely exhausted from having to play hostess on top of my normal mommy duties. Not to mention that the week leading up to Easter we've been cleaning the house, making Costco runs, going grocery shopping, planning the Easter feast, and going on last minute errands for little things like cloth napkins and toilet paper. I really feel like I've been on the go with no breathers for some time now.

Last night we did get a little break from entertaining Brett's family, as Brett's brother had to go back to Vancouver and his parents decided to peruse the hotel's hot tub. Unfortunately I was barely able to stay awake long enough to do anything but check my email and make a few comments here and there before crashing for the night. As of tomorrow everything will be back to "normal"...well, as normal as it can get when you have a house full of chocolate, candy, leftovers, and booze. Don't get me wrong, I love having guests and it's great to be able to interact with other adults and be able to relax (a little!) and have a glass of wine. But it can get a little stressful trying to figure out meal menus for 5 that everyone will like, when I already stress about just feeding Brett and myself! With that said, Easter at our house was a success. Now I have a week of cleaning up to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...