Wednesday, February 18, 2009

WIP: Rollergirl knee pad covers

I've decided to take a break from the crochet driving gloves and do something knitted for a while. Y'know, to mix things up, to spice my life up. So what have I decided to work on? Knitted knee pad covers! And yes, they are going to be in my favorite color combo: hot pink and black! They are to match my rollerskates:
Well, the ones pictured above aren't mine, but it's a picture of the ones that I had bought eons ago and still need to be unpacked (they are sitting somewhere in the 3 huge bags full of shoes in the living room closet). I have also recently purchased some new toe guards that look much, much, much better than my current ones, which are straight up black and stick out at the sides way too much. They just look darn ugly. My new ones are such a huge improvement:
I got them on etsy from dandelionfactory. Aren't they just the coolest? I love how they don't stick out like sore thumbs on the sides! And the best part, they have hot pink stars on them! I can't wait to do some skating this summer! My goal is to get good enough so that I can try out for either the Victoria Rollergirls or the Eves of Destruction. Wish me luck!

But 'til that day comes, all I can do is dream up my derby name (any suggestions anyone?) and knit myself some cool knee pad covers. I'm sure I'll need them to cover up the ugliness once the summer is over! I'll keep y'all updated...on both the outcome of the covers and my derby success! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...