Saturday, February 7, 2009

2009 Project #2...

...is done! It feels so exhilarating to finish 2 projects and it's only a 2 months into the new year!! I actually finished this project at the beginning of January, but didn't want to post anything about it 'til I knew roughly that everyone got their cards.

This project came to me at 4 in the morning, when I was trying to stay awake during one of Kole's feedings. Not to mention I felt a bit guilty for not sending out Christmas cards and felt the need to redeem myself. Truthfully, I can't say how this idea came to me. Like I said, I was inspired in the wee hours of the morning and am just glad that I wrote it down in my trusty notebook that I keep by the bed for such late night ideas like this. I do remember thinking that I couldn't send out belated Christmas cards, cause that's just dumb. I did make a mental note that I needed to send out Chinese New Year cards to family members, and that's when I thought about sending out cards to everyone and not just family members. What a great way to start the new year right!

I'm surprised as to how well my make-shift photo shoot turned out, and even though Kole wasn't so obliging during the "shoot", I did manage to get the shot that I wanted and needed. I'm just glad that I lucked out and was making these cards when London Drugs was having a buy 1, get the 2nd print for free promotion. And I knew I was a pack-rat for a reason...I had these black photo corners left over from a school project that I did like, 5 years ago and didn't want to chuck out the left overs just in case. The only hard part about this project was finding the right size blank cards and/or paper. The Michaels here sucks, as they never have anything in stock! I ended up having to settle and then resorting to my stash of papers. Here's the end product:

Oops! I forgot to take a photo of the inside. Basically I printed out "happy new year, best wishes for 2009" in English and in Chinese on white paper, then gluing it to black cardstock so that I could have a nice black border, and then gluing the whole thing inside the card.

I ran out of the pre-made cards that I got at Michaels and had to make more using my paper stash. Again, soooo glad that I'm a pack rat and still had supplies from when I used to be in school that survived 2 moves!

PS: In case you're wondering, it says "2009" on Kole's knuckles, and "criblife" on his belly...and don't worry, no Kole's were harmed in the making of these cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...