Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's only January...

It's been a while since my last post. The start of 2009 has been quite busy thus far. I won't go into detail, here's the gist of it:
  • my parents love sending us gift certificates to SuperStore. We had accumulated so many that we did a major grocery shop and even managed to pick up some really nice (which is quite surprising, since it's SuperStore!) TV trays for when hockey games are on, and a desperately needed coffee table. I know...from SuperStore...who would've thunk it?? But it's a nice dark mahogany wood, and it's very classic and timeless looking...and it matches the TV trays!
  • Kole rolled over for the first time...actually, he rolled over both ways for the first time in one day!
  • my friend Angela moved to Victoria...well, she's only here 'til the end of the month. Boo erns! I thought she was here 'til at least the end of February. But nonetheless it's been fun having a friend here, and we've been going for walks, talking over coffee and checking out the soda shoppe. Next up, we plan on having our own 2 person stitch 'n bitch session.
  • we had visitors stay over - the old gang came the day that Angela moved to town...killing 2 birds with one stone. It was great to see them all again, and it made me sad that it's been soooo freakin' long since we've all been together like that. It definitely reminded me of the old days when we would get together and have a good old fashion hen-fest and then the next day go for brekkie. I hope we can do that more often!
  • I did some baking for the gang's arrival. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures, stupid me completely forgot. Boo erns again! I had made some Ina Garten shortbread cookies that kinda didn't turn out the way I wanted them to. I credit this to the fact that it was my first time in well over a year baking in an electric oven, since my old place had a convectional oven. I also baked a tray of rocky road brownies and faux Hostess cupcakes that I would like to try baking again.
  • even though it's only a few weeks into the new year, I already have a few bloodtests and doctor appointments under my belt. Ugh. I hope 2009 will be a good medical year for me and my little one.
  • I started and actually finished 2 projects that were on my "project to-do" list! I'll elaborate more later...in a different post.
  • Kole's new crib arrived and it took us an evening to put it together.
  • Brett bought 2 used dressers and spent last weekend sanding one of them down (Kole's dresser) and painting it a nice deep cocoa. He also painted Kole's bookshelf and a mirror the same color.
  • my friend Leana bought me the book Twilight, so that I have something to do while Kole is feeding. I am now obsessed with Twilight and wish that I was introduced to the beautiful and complicated world of Edward Cullen when the movie came out in November. I would've loved to see the movie in the theatre on a huge screen...*sigh*
And on that note I'll end this post with a photo of my new obsession...Edward Cullen. *drool*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...